Advanced School for Girls
The Adelaide Girls’ High School in Grote Street, Adelaide, was designed in Gothic style by E. J. Woods, architect, and built by Thos. Martin and Sons in 1873.
It was used originally as a public school for boys and two classrooms were added in 1892, with further additions in 1900.
It features bluestone masonry with brick quoins and arches and has been described as the “best example architecturally of an early school in Adelaide.”