Flinders Street Primary School
The Flinders Street School opened in October 1878 as the City Model School, with an average daily attendance of 593 children. Fees to the attend the school were based on a means test. The building was the first two storey public school in the colony. It was designed in a neo-gothic style by Edward John Woods with a gabled roof.
In 1969, after 90 years, the school closed because of diminishing enrolments. Later the School became the School of Music of the Adelaide Institute of TAFE or Flinders Street School of Music and merged with the Elder Conservatorium.
There has been recent restoration of the building including the original floor boards, high ceilings and statement archways.