Lincoln College – Brougham House
This house, a one-storied version of 58 Brougham Place, was built in 1881 on what had long been the garden of F.S. Dutton‘s house, now demolished, which stood to the East. Dutton was twice Premier of South Australia, the second time in 1865; he resigned and became Agent-General in London. The cast-iron work of the fencing and gate is distinctive. The house was built for Dr Andrew McIntyre and his own occupation by Rowland Rees, architect.
The house now forms part of Lincoln College, a residential college of The University of Adelaide.