North Adelaide Fire Station
The (former) North Adelaide Fire Station was originally a shop, built in 1866. It was designed by Daniel Garlick. It was re-purposed as a Fire Station in 1904, which resulted in major changes to the ground floor. The upper story retains its original features, with French doors, pediments and cantilevered balcony. In Heritage of the City of Adelaide, the building is described as an example of the ‘more restrained and academic architecture which prevailed before the peak of the boom period in the 1870’s and early 1880’s.’
It is now a private residence.