North Adelaide Primary School
The Tynte Street school was designed in the year after the passing of the first legislation to establish ‘public schools’ in 1875. The school opened in 1877 for around 800 students. The design by E.J. Woods is believed to have been based on a school in Buninyong Victoria built just before this one was designed. Woods had also designed the ‘model school’ in Grote Street.