The Meeting House of the Primitive Methodist Church was built in 1847. Later it became the Lutheran Church and by 1881 the Methodist Free Church. In 1969 Morgan and Gilbert observed, " this little building has seen more dignified days". In 1971 it was demolished.
Waymouth Street Sites
Originally licensed as the Crown and Anchor Hotel on a site further along Elizabeth Street, the current Cumberland Arms Hotel building dates from 1883 and was designed by H C Richardson for Sir Edwin T Smith brewer and philanthropist. The building has however also been attributed to Rowland Rees as ... Continue Reading »